The Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County is committed to providing high quality civil legal advice, representation and education to the disadvantaged of Palm Beach County in order to protect their personal safety, enhance their opportunities and living conditions, and promote self-sufficiency.
We help our clients deal with many of life’s most basic needs: a safe home, enough food to eat, a quality education, and protection against exploitation and discrimination.
Our services extend far beyond the dispensing of free legal advice and include the administering of diverse programs providing:
- Advocacy for foster children and children orphaned through catastrophic events and violence;
- Protection for vulnerable elderly citizens, whose numbers increase each day;
- Safe refuge for families affected by the tragedy of domestic violence and homelessness;
- Representation for HIV infected men, women and children, each coping with the challenges of a devastating disease;
- Educational advocacy for physically and developmentally challenged children;
- Intervention for children and youth at-risk for delinquency, truancy and recidivism;
- Advocacy for immigrants seeking legal residency and citizenship;
- Education and representation for those at risk for housing discrimination;
- Planning and advocacy for clients and their families facing end of life issues;
- Hurricane preparedness education for Palm Beach County non-profits, and advocacy for our elder residents dealing with post storm issues;
- Advice, representation and education regarding Federal and State employment laws to enrolled Palm Beach County non-profits.
Clients do not have to travel to the office where our attorney or advocate works, but may use any of our three office locations to speak with their lawyer. Video conferencing can be used for an attorney client discussion when needed.
Our attorneys appear in all of the state and federal courts in Palm Beach County and many of the government administrative law courts.
We exist to improve the lives of our clients. We are here to help you.