Legal Aid Celebrates 21 years of Pro Bono Service
(click here for photo gallery)
On Saturday evening, May 9, 2009, the Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County honored 10 attorneys, one child advocate and the Palm Beach County Bar Association for their outstanding pro bono contribution in 2008. Over 600 friends and supporters of Legal Aid gathered at the Palm Beach County Convention Center to attend the 21st Annual Pro Bono Recognition Evening. The theme of the evening was "College Craze: Capturing the Campus Spirit," and guests were dressed in apparel representing their undergraduate and graduate college days. All the proceeds raised from the annual event are used to provide free legal services to the disadvantaged children, families, elders and individuals living in Palm Beach County.
The attorneys honored at this year's celebration included:
- Bruce Alexander - Construction Law Award
- Ronald Bornstein - Family Law Award
- Elaine M. Bucher - Probate Law Award
- Ronald E. Crescenzo - Guardianship Law Award
- Thomas Dye - Civil Litigation Award
- Dennis Koehler - Administrative Law Award
- Adam Linkhorst - Construction Law Award
- Dean Morande - Civil Litigation Award
- Louis Silber - Real Property Law Award
- Gary Woodfield - "And Justice for All" Award
The Voluntary Bar Association Award was presented to the Palm Beach County Bar Association and the Child Advocate Award recipient was Dr. Ann Faraone, director of the Department of Student Intervention Services for the School District of Palm Beach County. The 1st Annual Suzanne Foley "Serving Justice" Award, in memory of Legal Aid's Associate Director of Development, was presented to Shelley Garcia and Michelle Suskauer.
Entertainment was provided by the Suncoast Community High School Marching Band and by students from the Dreyfoos School of the Arts, under the direction of Garry A. Lewis. The Master of Ceremonies for the evening was Bill Bone.